Thursday, May 31, 2007

Research Project Has Finished !

[photo: Mayor Jean Drapeau presenting on Paris-tower in 1964. Retrieved from the website "Expo 67 in Montreal"]


[Paper]
1. Do you think your writing has improved overall by doing this paper? Explain.
I believe the research project helped me a lot to improve writing. Especially, as it was my first experience to do such a volume of writing, it gave me a confidence and helped to remove the fear for being overwhelmed by the volume of writing.


2. What are some of the skills you improved in while doing the paper?
The skills I improved in this project are how to select necessary information and put them together. I also learned the importance of thoroughly being familiar with the topic. First I had a difficulty to get familiar with all the names, places, incidents and concept. I learned that to get familiar with new ideas, speed and intensity are more important than I thought.


3. How do you feel about your paper?
On the whole, I am satisfied. I feel that I could accomplish what I really wanted to do in this project. I have got acquainted and created some ties with Montreal, not just as a passer-by.

[Presentation]
1. Did you enjoy listening to the presentations?

It was an exciting experience to attend the presentations of such a variety of fields. Even though we are not qualified professors, we could teach & learn from each other as our interests vary so much. This was really a big pleasure.


2. What did you learn about presentation techniques while listening to them?
As a listener, sometimes I felt that I am left behind when I cannot follow the ideas presented. So in my presentation I did not want to make feel anyone left behind (because my topic is not a technical one and therefore everyone should follow it if my presentation is clear enough) , but I think I failed in part although I may have succeeded in other part.

3. What did you learn during the process of preparing for your presentations?
I learned that conveying an idea through writing and speaking are two different things, and therefore I cannot rely too much on writing.


4. Were you satisfied with you own presentation?
I enjoyed it a lot, but I am not sure if my words were clear enough to convey what I wanted to say. But anyway this was a great experience which taught me a lot.

2 comments:

Alexander :-) said...

Eriko one of many strong sides you have is your pronunciation, and together with nice balanced speed of you talking made the topic interesting and clear at least for me :-) Alexander

cathy said...

Hello!
You did a great job in your presentation, and also i think you really improved a lot on your speaking.
Also, in my views, all of us did great jobs!