Sunday, May 27, 2007

Academic Skills

The section I was most interested is the last article, "sleeping your way to the top." I have learned other interesting facts about sleep in the last session (level 6).

One article was about how sleep can help memory to be fixed. By sleeping more than 6 hours after studying, memory is boosted. The other article was about a hormone called melatonin which is produced only in darkness. Melatonin is very important as it can prevent many diseases such as cancer. The peak time for melatonin production is 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. To lead a healthy life, it is recommended to be in darkness before that time.

But in order to get a sufficient sleep, I have to organize my schedule in advance. This is the most difficult part for me as I am not so much organized. I should fully use the skills written in this article.

2 comments:

alice said...

Melatonin~interesting! Making a schedule is always not hard for anyone, but to follow the schedule is really hard. Keep in mind our goals might be a way to get our schedule done.

cathy said...

Just get a "lecture" from your writting, yes, really, sleep is really important. Well, to me,follow my schedule is more hard than set up it, and i think lots of peole like me