Friday, June 8, 2007

Commencement

My six months of study at CELI has reached its end. Since I arrived at Montreal, I have met so many new people from all over the world, and people of different ages.

As a person who was born and has lived in a country of monoculture for over 30 years, those times spent in the classroom sitting around desks exchanging opinions on various topics with people of different ages and nationalities seem a tiny miracle.

School is a somewhat miraculous place where all kinds of embryonic future crisscross each other. I was struck by the same sentiment just 20 years ago, on a day of early summer when I was sitting near the window in the classroom of highschool, but this sentiment seems to be more suitable for the experience I had here.

Well, this entry has become almost a monologue, but what I would like to say as a closing is THANK YOU and GOOD LUCK to all of us, as this is just the end of the beginning.
I was so happy to be able to study in this class with wonderful classmates and two splendid teachers.













St.Catherin Street in March (left) and June (right)

3 comments:

liliconcordia said...

Hello Eriko,
What beautiful thoughts. Yes it was one of the nicest ten weeks in a very long time. The students were interesting and productive. Everyone helped make the class what it was and you were a very important element to the class! We all really enjoyed your presence and contribution to our class.

mistone said...

Hello Lili,
Thank you very much for your kind comment. After leaving the A2 classroom, I found those times more and more precious and am newly amazed by the way how you and Adrianne created that warm atomosphere.

I suppose you are in the new session already. I do not doubt that your new students will be happy as we were.

cathy said...

Hi, Eriko.
How are you?
Thank you for your comment. Have you ever went the inside beach?
In Japan, there are so many inside beach like that, or not?